The Story So Far...

 

TRUEMANS HISTORY

1953 TO PRESENT DAY

 

Ricky and Vera Trueman started Truemans Coaches in Frimley in 1953 with one coach.  Their first job was a private hire to London to take passengers to enjoy the Coronation Day revels.

 

Circa 1955 the business was relocated to Bagshot with the coaches being parked in the Fina Garage and the car park of the Three Mariners public house.  The fleet now numbered 2 coaches and alongside of school contracts and private hire, Truemans specialised in organising holidays for senior citizen groups throughout Berkshire, Hampshire and Surrey.

 

1975 saw Ricky and Vera’s son Richard join the company, helping with the maintenance of the vehicles along with driving duties and planning of tours.

 

By 1976 the fleet had grown to 6 vehicles and moved to premises near The Windmill public house on the London Road Windlesham.

 

Sadly in 1978 Ricky Trueman (Snr) passed away and the company moved into the ownership of Richard and Vera Trueman.

 

In 1983 the entire business was moved to premises in Deepcut with on site offices, parking and workshop facilities.  From here the company expanded its activities into a programme of Holidays and Day Excursions being offered to the public through a series of brochures, pioneering the Door to Door taxi service, which still remains today.

 

Come the Millennium (2000) it was time for Truemans Travel to move on and expand by purchasing the well established and respected Fleet Coaches.  All of Truemans staff and vehicles were moved lock, stock and barrel to the much larger site in Crookham Road taking the vehicle count from 6 to 18 overnight.

 

In 2003 the company celebrated its 50th Anniversary with an Olde Tyme Musical production at the Princes Hall which was well attended by many of our loyal customers.  Richard Trueman also purchased a new coach in a unique gold livery.

 

2004 was a landmark year when purpose built facilities were established in North Camp on the old Mervyn Reece petrol station, bringing together offices, workshop and depot facilities all under one roof.

 

In early 2010 the company was joined by a member of the 3rd generation, Ricky Trueman (Jnr), who like his grandfather and father before him is learning the business by being hands on in all departments.

 

The company’s 60th Anniversary was celebrated in 2013 with the introduction of several new coaches arriving in a very distinctive livery, establishing the corporate design for the future.

If you have any images of our vehicles you would like to share with us then please do not hesitate to email us.